In the 2020 edition of Chambers Global, the law firm RTPR Allen & Overy has maintained its band 1 ranking for the Corporate / M&A practice and band 2 for Banking & Finance on the Romanian market. Chambers Global, one of the most respected international legal guides worldwide, conducts annual rankings with practitioners and law offices in over 190 countries across the world.
Chambers Global points out that “RTPR (Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu) is a strong Romanian firm widely recognised for its transactional expertise, in addition to notable cross-border capabilities through its close alliance with Allen & Overy. This association enables the group access to a vast global network and extensive resources.”
The guide also mentions RTPR’s management of major corporate transactions for sophisticated international clients, private equity funds or Romanian selling shareholders in the energy, pharmaceutical and real estate sectors, in M&A deals, local reorganisations and competition. Also, Chambers Global indicates that the Bucharest office’s expertise in Banking & Finance has international coverage through its association with Allen & Overy, and it covers assisting leading international banks in major infrastructure and real estate development projects or lenders in setting up credit facilities.
In the category that puts forward the most prominent lawyers on the local market, the guide nominates Alexandru Retevoescu, Victor Pădurari, Andreea Burtoiu, Cosmin Tilea and Poliana Gogu-Naum for Banking & Finance. Chambers Global mentions Costin Tărăcilă, Mihai Ristici and Alina Stăvaru, among the most valued lawyers specialised in Corporate / M&A in Romania.
- Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,400 people, including some 550 partners, working in more than 40 offices.
- RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 44 lawyers, including 6 partners: Costin Taracila, Victor Padurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea, Alina Stavaru and also Prof Dr Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
- In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
- In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Taracila Padurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
- Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Taracila Padurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.
For additional press information contact:
Irina Pătru-Florea, Free Communication