Local Government Economic Congress and the II Three Seas Initiative Forum of Regions aim at strengthening the cohesion of the European Union regions by fostering socio-economic and scientific cooperation between local governments from Central and Eastern Europe participating in the Three Seas Initiative, namely Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia. The Three Seas Initiative Forum of Regions is a project launched by President of the Republic of Poland Andrzej Duda in 2018 in Rzeszów. The second edition of the Three Seas Initiative Forum of Regions in Lublin is held simultaneously with the first Local Government Economic Congress.
Self-government of the Lubelskie Voivodeship would like it to become an annual international economic event gathering representatives of central and local government administration, science and business from 12 member states of the Three Seas Initiative, representatives of strategic partners (European Union, the United States of America and Germany), partner regions from Eastern Europe.
- Opening ceremony
- Session I: The Three Seas Initiative – Ukraine – challenges of cooperation
- Session II with participants of transport ministries of the Three Seas Initiative countries, the European Commission and Ukraine
- The Three Seas Regions Network – cooperation with Ukrainian regions
- Expert discussion panel of Institute of Central Europe
DAY 2 – 8TH JUNE
- Energy security of the Three Seas Initiative countries in the face of the war in Ukraine
- Cooperation between the universities from the area of the Three Seas Initiative
- Development of agriculture and rural areas of the Three Seas Initiative
- Seminar: Interreg programs as a platform for cooperation between the Three Seas Regions
Participation in the Congress is free of charge. Simultaneous interpretation (English/Polish) will be provided.
Registration is required at www.congress.lubelskie.pl (you can select in-person or online participation *not all agenda elements will be available online).
* For participants registered to participate in the stationary form, the organizers provide: a set of conference materials, meals and accommodation for 1 or 2 representatives of the official delegation from the region
The registration will be open from the 25th of April until 4th June 2022.