RTPR Allen & Overy has advised WOOD & Company Financial Services, a.s., Raiffeisen Bank S.A. and Raiffeisen Centrobank AG in relation to the private placement of a ca. 22.7% shareholding stake held by Lorimer Ventures Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerging Europe Growth Fund II, L.P., managed by Horizon Capital) in Purcari Wineries Public Company Limited.
In this transaction WOOD & Co. acted as Sole Global Coordinator and Joint Bookrunner, and the two Raiffeisen entities as Joint Bookrunners. Purcari Wineries is listed on the BSE. The placement is made through the BSE section dedicated to public offers (Offers and special operations market).
The RTPR Allen & Overy team included Mihai Ristici (Partner) and Marina Giurgica (Associate). Horizon Capital was advised by Schoenherr.
“We are happy to announce the successful closing of a new capital markets transaction by RTPR Allen & Overy team. We would like to thank our clients WOOD & Co. and Raiffeisen for a new excellent collaboration, after having advised them on Sphera’s and MedLife’s IPOs. We hope that Romania’s promotion to the Emerging Market status to generate more capital markets transactions.”, Marina Giurgica commented.
At the beginning of last year RTPR Allen & Overy has advised Purcari Wineries on its IPO and admission to trading on the Bucharest Stock Exchange.
The reputed international legal directory IFLR1000, which has been published earlier this week, ranks RTPR Allen & Overy’s capital market practice on the first tier for both Debt and Equity deals for the sixth consecutive year.
Selected capital markets transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
- Barclays Bank PLC as arranger for Alpha Bank Romania on the first mortgage bonds issue programme in Romania with a value of EUR 1 billion
- Purcari Wineries Public Company Limited on its IPO and admission to trading on the Bucharest Stock Exchange
- WOOD & Company Financial Services and Raiffeisen Bank as joint bookrunners on the IPO of Sphera Franchise Group
- Raiffeisen Bank S.A. and WOOD & Company Financial Services a.s., as managers on the intermediation of MedLife’s IPO
- Electrica in relation to its IPO on the Bucharest Stock Exchange and on the London Stock Exchange – first primary offering of shares in Romania involving global depositary receipts
- Deutsche Bank, Raiffeisen Bank International and J.P. Morgan, as Joint Lead Managers and Deutsche Trustee Company Limited, as Trustee, on the issuance by NEPI of EUR 400 million high yield bonds
- J.P. Morgan in relation to the issuance by Cable Communications Systems of EUR 450 million senior secured notes guaranteed by RCS & RDS
Note to the editors:
- Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,400 staff, including some 550 partners, working in 44 major cities worldwide.
- RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 44 lawyers, including 6 partners: Costin Tărăcilă, Victor Pădurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea and Alina Stăvaru and also Prof. Dr. Lucian Mihai, Of counsel.
- In this press release, “Allen & Overy” means Allen & Overy LLP and/or its affiliated undertakings.
- In this press release, “RTPR Allen & Overy” means Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA in association with Allen & Overy LLP.
- Allen & Overy has been operating in the CEE region since 1991, when its first office opened in Warsaw. Since then, it has expanded its operations to include Prague, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Moscow, all of which are renowned in the market for top quality legal advice combined with local commercial understanding, as well as for their integrity and their pro-active approach to matters. Additionally, Allen & Overy signed an exclusive association with the leading full-service Romanian law firm Radu Tărăcilă Pădurari Retevoescu SCA (RTPR), effective from July 2008, expanding the number of CEE offices in which we are able to provide local law advice to six.
For extra press info:
Irina Pătru-Florea, Free Communication