Junior Achievement (JA) Romania, member of JA Worldwide and JA Europe, is the largest and the most dynamic organization of entrepreneurial, financial education, and professional guidance in Romania. JAR implements international programs, free of charge, capitalizing formal education, offering real business environment experiences, every year for students of all levels, from primary school to university, through public-private partnership with the Ministry of Education and with collaborative educational institutions.
JA learning by doing programs bring practical learning, innovative methods used by teachers and interaction with mentors from the business community, helping young people to develop teamwork, leadership, creativity and communication skills.
Thanks to the contribution of business environment, more than 1.5 million pupils and students were involved in JA Romania programs during 2000-2016.
JA Romania has relevant expertize in the following areas:
- a) content development for educational modules and programs, both event-based and in the classroom;
- b) teacher training, based on experience with online and onsite training for a network of over 4000 active teachers annually;
- c) curriculum and policy development, working in partnership with the Ministry of Education since 2003;
- d) partnership building to bring together the business and educational communities, with over 10000 hours of business volunteering donated by companies and entrepreneurs to help young people develop their skills and make important choices for their future;
- e) program monitoring and evaluation, based on experience in implementing and evaluating projects with a multitude of partners, donors and reporting systems.