British Romanian Chamber of Commerce is delighted to invite you to join our 5th edition of Doing Business in Romania Series, in partnership with Chambers Wales South East, South West and Mid and supported by the Romanian Embassy in the UK, North-East Regional Development Agency and Enterprise Europe Network.
Learn more from our top experts on the business opportunities in Romania and Wales and how to access it in a timely manner.
Are you interested in finding out more about doing business in Romania? Join our online Roundtable discussion to find out more and gain practical advice from people on the ground.
Why Invest in Romania? As one of the fastest growing economies in Central Eastern Europe, Romania presents a wealth of opportunities for UK companies in many sectors. Romania’s growth was strong in 2019 at 4.1 % as well as private consumption, up 5.9 %- the main driver of growth, supported by wage and pension increases. Strategically well positioned, Romania provides an important springboard to the rest of the region. As part of the EU, Romania stands for an incredible market opportunity in terms of size and population offering investors a high market potential as the second largest country in CEE and the largest in SEE.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Overview of Welsh business landscape, business mix and opportunities
- Overview of Romanian business landscape, business mix and opportunities
- Q&A session for the audience to ask questions answered by the panel (pre-submitted and asked live).
The panel will be represented by:
- Colin Lovering, VC BRCC – Chair
- Diana Stroia-Matthews, Honorary Consul for Romania in Wales
- Bogdan Mihailescu – Minister Counsellor of Commercial and Economic Affairs Embassy of Romania in the UK
- Professor Liana Cipcigan, Cardiff University Research Team Leader – Sustainable Transport in School of Engineering
- Dave Matthews, Managing Director, Comcen Group
- Lidia BEȚOAEA, Head of One Stop Shop Office, Cooperation, Innovation and External Cooperation Department at North-East Regional Development Agency
12.00- 12.05 – Opening remarks by BRCC’s Chairman
12.05-12.30 –Overview of Welsh & Romanian business landscape provided by both Chambers
12.30- 12.45 – Panel discussion
12.45- 13.00 – Q & A Session
13.00-13.10 – Closing remarks