In the past years, the automotive industry saw the opportunity to fully shape its fundamental restructuring. Being a traditional frontrunner in technology use, reflected in major e-mobility solutions, the automotive is highly focusing on research, innovation and development of efficient solutions that marks the reigning of consumers’ needs.
To better put into light the updates, trends and expectations of the automotive industry, within a radical age of transformation of this industry, The Diplomat Bucharest organizes THE AUTOMOTIVE POWER BREAKFAST on June 16th, at GRAND Hotel in Bucharest. The AUTOMOTIVE POWER BREAKFAST is a dedicated platform where specialists in the field share their expertise on the field, along with the key leaders and stakeholders in the industry
DIAMOND PARTNER: Wipro
STRATEGIC PARTNER: ACAROM – The Association of Romanian Car Manufacturers
PLATINUM PARTNER: NXP Conductors
GOLD PARTNERS: Infineon, Bosch, Klarwin, Noerr
SUPPORTING INSTITUTIONS: BRCC- British Romanian Chamber of Commerce, AHK Romania – Romanian-German Chamber of Commerce, BEROCC- Belgian Luxembourg Romanian Moldovan Chamber of Commerce, Henro – Energy Producers Association, ClujIT Cluster, ADAA-Association for the Development of Local Entrepreneurship, Lovering & Partners Business Performance Consultants, HIM Public Affairs, SCS, Wave
MEDIA PARTNERS: Automotive Today, Outsourcing Today, Financial Intelligence, Economistul, Romania Durabila, Club Economic, Ziarul Bursa
CONNECTIVITY | AUTONOMOUS | ELECTRIFICATION | DECENTRALIZATION | TECHNOLOGY
THE PREMISES OF R&D FUNDING AND SUPPORT: AUTHORITIES AND GOVERNMENTAL INPUT
As in each highly technological industry, the automotive potential of growth is deeply based on research and development. The talents and their potential to deliver effective and ready to use innovative solutions are fundamental. And the leading voice of authorities, besides the regulations on the market build the ground and the available resources for the R&D arm of the automotive industry. Studies say that companies that invest of their R&D budget in software 25%applications are rewarded with strong growth.
- Regulatory scene’s updates in the automotive industry in 2022
- Evolution of automotive sector in 2022: main segments, potential, opportunities
- Energy-efficiency and net-zero approach and impact in automotive sector
- The availability and amount of state aids and PNRR funds and the challenges in accessing them
R&D AND PROCESS INNOVATION: THE CORE ENGINE FOR GROWTH
As the digital revolution drives more software (and hardware) into the vehicle platform, the product development process needs to involve more departments and players. All those new interfaces create more complexity, which requires new communication channels. Ideally, all R&D product value chain teams should have the ability to communicate seamlessly on an end-to-end basis.
- Innovations and new technologies implemented in 2022 in automotive
- R&D in Romanian automotive market: Opportunities and main challenges. The power of partnerships
- What are the trends that will shape the automotive industry in terms of innovation?
C.A.S.E. TRENDS PUTTING PRESSURE ON R&D FUNCTIONS
Automotive R&D – particularly with regard to the CASE ( Connectivity, Autonomous, Sharing/Subscription and Electrification) trends and technologies, besides building strong tech alliances and sharing platforms for emerging technologies – is critical for automotive players’ future competitiveness. Software is fundamental to these trends. As such, software development capabilities are growing in relevance for automotive design and production, and this trajectory puts automotive players in the position of facing necessary and significant increases in R&D spend.
- Trends and technologies in C.A.S.E.
- Building strong tech alliances and sharing platforms for emerging technologies
- The switch to the Software-Defined Vehicle & industry. Updates in Romanian market
THE FOCUS IS ON THE USER: ANTICIPATING THE NEEDS OF FUTURE GENERATIONS
The end-user is the one that dictates the future mobility features of the cars and automotive parts. From design, components and to tech-based applications of the cars, the R&D has to stay connected with the market voice and build its input around these demands. The younger, technically savvy generations already start to take shape and gain share in the volume of sales. They ask for more sustainable and convenient mobility solutions. The shift in consumers’ needs and demands is shaping the overall automotive industry.
- How is electrification changing the automotive customer scene in Romania?
- How are the automotive companies addressing the promotion of green vehicles to Romanian customers? Main challenges and opportunities
- Anticipated trends and game-changers to meet the new generations’ needs in automotive industry
ACHIEVING A SUSTAINABLE AUTOMOTIVE FUTURE
The current pace of change in automotive is intense. Sustainability has become a strategic priority for the industry, with, according to reports, 62 per cent of automotive organizations claim to have a comprehensive sustainability strategy with well-defined goals and targets. Governments, end-users, partners and investors are strongly pushing automotive organizations to change their ways of working, culture and products in the direction of achieving sustainability and eco-friendly targets. The pressure is event stronger because these demands must be in line with the consumer behavioral patterns. In this equation, tech application have a strong input.
- What challenges face the automotive companies in achieving the sustainability targets
- Building a strong sustainability-based culture in companies and their stakeholders
- PNRR funds available in automotive industry targeting sustainable objectives
- The main aspects included in the companies’ sustainable reports in 2022