The Diplomat – Bucharest organizes the 11th edition of THE ENERGY CEO FORUM & AWARDS GALA with its yearly one-day event to take place in Bucharest, at Radisson Blu Hotel, on May 12, 2022.
Event website and registration: ROMANIAN ENERGY CEO FORUM & AWARDS 2022 – POWER BY THE DIPLOMAT BUCHAREST
THE LANDMARK EVENT in ENERGY SECTOR
Starting as an Awards reception in 2012, Diplomat Media Events developed the Awards Gala event into a more complex platform, featuring the energy industry’s CEO FORUM followed by an AWARDS GALA to highlight the performance of Romanian energy companies live streamed on the online platforms of the event and The Diplomat-Bucharest.
ENERGY CEO FORUM & AWARDS GALA, 2022 Edition acts as a dialogue and knowledge sharing information platform dedicated to leaders, companies and managers acting in the industry, with the aim of depicting the latest updates and the perspective of the transformation of the energy sector.
THE CEO FORUM brings together the decision makers at the Governmental level and civil society and C-level business leaders in the energy sector. The Forum joins on the same stage senior figures, experts and the most knowns specialists in the field, to discuss some of the most pressing aspects of the industry today.
THE AWARDS GALA EVENT is a stage designed for knowledge sharing, voice expression and objective recognition of the performance proved by professionals and projects, while celebrating and raising the profile of your achievements. The Romanian Energy Awards recognizes the personal contribution and commitment of the most experimented individuals and the added-value projects in the energy industry in Romania.
THE AWARDS GALA, at its 11 edition this year, is an elite event and a platform to recognize, reward and celebrate the success of the most prominent companies, projects and individuals acting in the energy field in Romania. Based on rigorously researched information and a Judging Panel formed of prominent names in business, government and academic society, the Gala established itself as a must-attend in your Romanian energy events calendar.
- 15:00-15:45 – OFFICIAL OPENING
- 15:45 – 17:15 – CEO FORUM
- 17:15 – 18:15 – Networking cocktail & GALA DINNER
- 18:30 – 20:00 – ROMANIAN ENERGY AWARDS GALA – THE AWARDING CEREMONY
15:00 – 15:45 Welcome Guests & Official Opening
15:45 – 17:15 CEO FORUM
- CORINA POPESCU, CEO, ELECTRICA
- ERIC STAB, Chairman & CEO, ENGIE ROMANIA
- ONDREJ SAFAR, Country Manager, CEZ Group Romania
- VOLKER RAFFEL_CEO E.ON
- CORNELIU BODEA, CEO ADREM
- ANCA MIHAILESCU, Head of Energy Practice Romania, NOERR
- BOGDAN BADEA, President of Board of Directors, HIDROELECTRICA
- MIHAI DRAGHICI, Director, Business Consulting, EY ROMANIA
- CATALIN NITA, Executive Director, FPPG- The Oil and Gas Employers’ Federation
- RADU DUDAU Director, ENERGY POLICY GROUP
THE LEADING VOICE AND SUPPORT OF POLICY MAKERS
This rigorously regulated sector needs a clear, long-term architecture in place that also encourages investment across the overall electricity value chain, including renewables and grid interconnection, effective and efficient markets in electricity trade, system balancing and demand response. Governments, policy makers, market regulators, public institutions and key opinion leaders are the main enablers and initiators of the energy transformation.
- Evolution of energy sector in Romania in the current geopolitical turmoil
- Main energy resources: Making the best of current situation. Expectations and potential in energetic resources in Romania
- Impact and actions of The EU COMMISSION ACTION PLAN on the digital transformation of energy sector
THE EFFECTIVE APPROACH OF GREEN ENERGY vs. THE INCREASING POWER DEMAND
The green energy solutions, including renewables are rapidly expanding but it seems that they still lag and are not enough to satisfy the strong rebound in the global electricity demand. This situation results in a sharp rise in the use of coal power that risks pushing carbon dioxide emissions from the electricity sector to record levels, says a report from the International Energy Agency. The clean energy solutions are part of the EU targets and the European Green Deal and the alternative is not an option.
- Addressing the main aspects in decarbonization policies
- Critical areas and industries for environmental sustainability
- Romanian strategy on Clean Energy Transition
- Addressing the increasing need for energy stocks in the current troubled geopolitical set: Possible solutions and approach
RESEARCH AND INNOVATION, AMONG TOP PRIORITIES IN ENERGY TRANSFORMATION
The world is dramatically shifting towards a fully integrated technology approach and it is fundamentally reconsidering its energy resource base. It is a world where even the demand and supply fundamentals are changing, particularly on the demand side, as new technologies allow the use of energy in more efficient ways and enable new energy services such as electric vehicles and smart grids. Companies and public institutions need to push and enable the implementation of innovative solutions and increased investments beyond the generation side and towards the entire energy value chain.
- The role of R&D and companies’ engagement in addressing the green recovery issues
- Main digital transformation approaches in energy
- Where is the application and implementation of R&D most needed and achieved?
LEADING THE ENERGY CLEAN TRANSITION: DECARBONISATION, DECENTRALISATION AND DIGITALIZATION
The energy market is already experiencing a major shift driven by the sector’s objective to reach zero emissions and the need for distribution networks to become fully digital with real-time management. The entire system and the power networks need to be prepared for this kind of change, starting from existing capacities and to the transmission network and distribution network to be able to absorb the new capacities. The energy transition means the transformation of the entire sector through implementation of interconnected systems with the final goal of an effective and real time management of the energy flow. And all these put in the perspective of facing the repeatedly and unpredictable climate change-triggered environmental events.
- Updates and evolution in Romania on achieving the green objectives
- Efficiently balancing traditional technologies with smart technologies
- Addressing the cybersecurity threats in a strategic sector
TOWARDS A CUSTOMER-CENTRIC ENERGY SERVICE
In the current dynamic environment of fast technology and rapid changes of client behavior, the customer centricity is essential to gain a profound understanding of an increasingly diverse consumer base. In the light of the past year’s move towards the free energy market in Romania and the growing shifting trend of the consumers, the suppliers and retailers of the energy market need to improve their customer attraction and retention. The actors in energy sector are to embrace the new ethos by developing a bottom-up data-driven model to understand the customers’ current energy use patterns and needs.
- The impact of modern technologies on the consumers and energy services providers
- Is the energy sector a customer-centric sector? How to improve the business operations at this level?
- What customer-centric solutions are most used by energy providers and distributors?
- The major issues faced by electricity distribution company when it comes to customer service
17:15 – 18:30 Networking Cocktail & Gala Dinner
18:30 – 20:00 THE ENERGY AWARDS GALA, the 11th Edition
The Awards Gala, now in its 11th year, is an elite event and a platform to recognize, reward and celebrate the success of the most prominent companies, projects and individuals acting in the energy field in Romania. Based on rigorously researched information and a Judging Panel formed of prominent names in business, government and academic society, the Gala established itself as a must-attend in your Romanian energy events calendar.
JURY BOARD MEMBERS:
- ZOLTAN NAGY, Vice-President, ANRE
- VALERIU BINIG, Director, Regulatory and Antitrust, Enel
- RADU DUDAU, Director Energy Policy Group
- SILVIA VLASCEANU, Executive Director HENRO
- ILINCA PANDELE, Senior Consultant & Team Leader Green Tech & Sustainable Development, AHK Romania
- Prof. Dr. GEORGE DARIE, Polytechnic Univ. Bucharest, Dept. of Power Production and Usage, Member Board of Directors, ICME ECAB S.A.
- DANIELA DARABAN, Executive Director ACUE
This year, The GALA AWARDS will distinguish and mark the performance of companies, leaders & projects for the following CATEGORIES:
- ENERGY COMPANY OF THE YEAR
- ENERGY MANAGER OF THE YEAR
- OIL AND GAS COMPANY OF THE YEAR
- OIL AND GAS PROJECT OF THE YEAR
- CUSTOMER-CENTRIC ENERGY COMPANY OF THE YEAR
- AWARD FOR INNOVATION IN ENERGY
- TECHNOLOGY PROVIDER OF THE YEAR
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROGRAM OF THE YEAR
- BEST DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM OF THE YEAR
- GREEN MOBILITY AWARD
- INDUSTRY COLLABORATION INITIATIVE OF THE YEAR
- CROSS-SECTOR PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR
- ENERGY CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AWARD
- ASSOCIATION / NGO OF THE YEAR IN ENERGY
- EXCELLENCE AWARD FOR LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT
- DEAL OF THE YEAR
- ENERGY PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
- ENERGY TRANSITION AWARD
- SUSTAINABILITY CHAMPION
- EMERGING TECHNOLOGY OF THE YEAR
- ENGINEERING SOLUTION OF THE YEAR
- BRAND OF THE YEAR
SPECIAL AWARDS in 2022
- JURY’ s SPECIAL AWARD
- ENERGY CHAMPION OF THE YEAR
- ENERGY PERFORMER OF THE YEAR
- GREEN ENERGY SUPPLIER
- ENERGY LEADERSHIP AWARD
- ENERGY ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARD