BRCC (“we” and “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is the British Romanian Chamber of Commerce, a company incorporated in England with the registered number 3581440 and having its registered office at Global House, 303 Ballards Lane, London N12 8NP.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is the Chief Executive Officer of the BRCC.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
1.1. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.brcconline.eu (hereinafter referred to as “our Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering for membership of the BRCC and of the BRCC CityLink, posting material on our forums or request further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- details of the services that you may wish to offer/ provide through our website
- IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
2.1. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2.2. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- to speed up your searches.
- to recognise you when you return to our Website.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
3.1. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located in Romania.
3.2. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EU/EEA who work for us. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things and the provision of support services. BRCC shall take all reasonably necessary measures to ensure adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of your data. By submitting your personal data, you agree to the data transfer, storing or processing.
3.3. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
3.4. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
4.1. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
4.2. We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, telephone or e-mail, provided that you have consented to this when you have registered on our site or at a subsequent date.
4.3. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
5.1. We will not disclose any personally identifiable information about its users to any third party without first receiving the express consent of users in this regard.
- YOUR RIGHTS
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.