Job vacancy: Information Technology Support Officer A2 for Bucharest
The British Embassy in Bucharest is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking to recruit a IT Support Officer (ITSO) to be responsible for the day to day running of its IT system and first point of contact for around 50 IT users. The successful candidate will also be responsible for IT budget planning and play an important role in implementing Crisis and Business Continuity Plans.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure maximum availability of the IT system by closely monitoring performance and liaising with other ITSOs, Regional Support Centre and London Helpdesk. Maintain and support the Embassy network desktop, laptop and IT infrastructure;
• First Embassy point of contact for users IT queries;
• Provide IT support for Embassy events;
• Maintain an accurate IT inventory and record of service desk work;
• Manage user accounts using Microsoft Management Console / Active Directory;
• Ensure IT system security including, investigation of breaches and compliance with IT Security Procedures;
• Ensure IT aspects of Business Continuity Plan are kept up to date and tested;
• Manage and monitor the budget of officially supplied devices. Identify and manage local IT contractors;
• Review, procure, build, install and manage hardware;
• Administer and maintain standalone machines including Residence network;
• Administer and maintain dirty LAN, ISP, SLA Hardware and infrastructure;
• Administer Embassy fixed line and mobile telephones;
• Provide back-up on estates and security work.
• Information Management Officer duties.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please check the FCO Local Posts website.
The closing date for applications is 21 February 2018.