FARA Charity Office
51 High Street
Norfolk NR22 6BZ
21 Tudor Arghezi Street,
Tel: +44 (0)1328 821444/+40 (0)21 242 05 55
Fax: +44(0)1328 821555
FARA Foundation both in the UK and in Romania has been actively working with orphaned and abandoned children, some with disabililties
In Romanian FARA means “without” and the charity is dedicated to transforming the lives of some of the poorest and most marginalized children in Romania.
FARA Foundation, a UK and Romanian registered charity provides through its programmes, care and education to emotionally deprived children and young adults who are temporarily or permanently deprived of their natural families.
The mission and objectives of FARA’s extensive programmes are:
- To care for abandoned children in foster care and family style homes
- To provide education for children with special needs
- To assist families in extreme poverty and marginalized Roma children
- To offer training and social integration/rehabilitation to young adults and to those with learning disabilities
- To improve professional expertise through training of staff and caregivers
- To raise awareness of issues faced by the NGO sector in Romania
- To establish a model of best practice in the field of foster care in Romania
- To raise the necessary funds to be able to carry out the aims of the organisation to full capacity
FARA’s funding has historically been provided by FARA UK and the contributions in Romania are limited to placement allowances and subsidies from the state budget.
FARA also receives donations from private individuals and companies and other grant giving foundations, and in times of recession and major public sector cutbacks, FARA’s role is more than ever needed to ensure that there is not a gap in provision of care in Romania.
FARA is therefore increasing its fundraising activity at the local level and calls upon both companies and individuals to continue to support its crucial work.